Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Jared Nagel's Legacy

It was a Beautiful Celebration of a life lived for Christ and an amazing beginning for so many to make a decision to see Jared again and accept Christ as their Savior. With over 1,500 family, friends, and admirers, Jared's "Party" brought a strong display of love that he lived with each day, influencing hundreds all around the world. People all over began to follow Jared's lead as they got "ALIVE IN CHRIST" tattooed on their own bodies, one of Jared's legacies that he had tattooed on his foot.

When I was at the Nagel's house every evening this weekend I was able to see more support and love between his family and friends than I have ever seen in my life. People were laughing telling "Jared Stories," singing their hearts out, dancing to music that was jam-packed with memories, and loving on each other with hugs and kisses. "I love you" reclaimed it's significance as each of us expressed our care for the other. It was beautiful and horrible, "The best, worst day of my life."(Joyce Nagel- Jared's Mother; aka. Big Mama).

My challenge to you as you watch over these captured memories of Jared is that you again reevaluate your life. What are you doing? Where are you going? No matter what your past is, what would your memory be?

Do you truly know what it means to be "Alive in Christ" because it's not just a clever play on words that was something that someone remembered Jared had tattooed on his foot. It is a lifestyle, a belief, a passion that there is a God that sent his only son to die on the cross for your and my sins, so that we can be with him and have a personal relationship with him.

It's never too late to become alive in Christ.


2 comments:

Mr. Greeley said...

Sean,

Your description of the funeral was much like mine in the sense that I've never been to a better "celebration of life" for a fellow believer. What a testimony to those who watch on - that a celebration of something so tragic can even be in the same thought. Praise our God for such a thing. This also is a direct reflection of the Nagels. Props to them for how well they did at the funeral. I know their loss runs so deep first hand, but for them, to know that Jared is in Christ's arms - is delivering. Scott and Joyce both wanted to bring a strong message to the funeral of which I think they accomplished that task by the grace of God. I also wanted to give thanks to God as he really answered the prayer we had before the service in which we asked God to infiltrate the sanctuary with his Spirit. Also, thanks again for sharing your wonderful voice - God has truly gifted you.

SelahCounselingLLC said...

I had the privilege of working with Joyce and James and Grace for a year or so... and they were the highlight of my week! I only met Jared a couple times... one of those times I watched one of his soccer games. What a beautiful man! Full of life, full of joy... and full of love for his Mom (he came over and hugged her at half time). And now, I can't even imagine how beautiful he is up in heaven FULLY "alive in Christ"!
(Joyce directed me here, and I wanted to see your facebook page also... but I gotta join!).
Wendy