Friday, September 28, 2007

What's been on my mind

So today I bought the new Shane & Shane Album, "Pages" and David Crowder's new album, "Remedy". Both are awesome! Shane & Shane continually blow my mind when I see them perform and on their recordings. Fantastic CD!

Crowder's new CD is a lot different which is always cool and something that I LOVE about Crowder. He is deffinitly one of my biggest influences when it comes to christian music, but this new CD I haven't fully made up my mind on. It is great and I love the sound but it does seem to be more of a "fun" sound opposed to a intense, deep sound. I think that I just wasn't expecting it and so it'll just take a little time and I'll love it for sure but it's a great CD, deffinitly recommend it.


resently this theme of surrendering everything has been looming over me. different phrases have come into my mind like,
"And I surrender all. I will lay it down. A passion for your love. Let your glory resound"
"Trust in the lord, his love is forever. Do not fear, a life of Surrender."

I feel that I haven't been fully commited because I am afriad of failing or not being as good as I others think I am or even as good as I think I am. I always hold some back. That's something I've been working on ever since I started college. In a new setting, I never have really let many people know what I'm capable of or shown them me at my best for something things; I'm talking mainly about music. It seems that I come to school here, after being at home in Salem, and I'm not able to excel and stand out from the crowd near as much. I've always been driven to be different. I'm not a follower, but when i come to school I don't lead as much. I do in a certian comfort zone but I don't lead everywhere. I deffinitly don't follow, but the leading is something that I am working on in every situation.

is it possible to learn how to surrender everything in oneself?... That leads right to freedom in God's direction on your life... cool stuff...

No comments: