Saturday, September 29, 2007

Judgement in Disguise

So today I had an AWESOME conversation with someone that I go to school with which totally rocked my world. The convo was great but the thing that was so cool was that I totally had an opinion of her and then after talking to her, i realized I was not even close. I didn't have a negative perspective of her, I thought she was a cool girl but not so deep and truely passionate about God as she truely is. It just shows me how I am so wrong in pretty much all of my judgements and how taking time to really get to know the people that I'm around everyday, will totally change my view.

I wonder how many people I have already made up my mind on who they are and I don't even know it?... My judgement seems to be disguised as an acutal reality. If I look at EVERYONE, not just new people I will meet, and focus on not judging them but truely figuring out who they are by investing time in them.

Totally on another note, I just wanted to draw attention to one sentence that is on the song "Vision of you" on shane & Shane's album "Pages" where they sing, "May the Vision of you be the death of me". what an awesome prayer! That the glory of God would be illuminated. Let him increase and us decrease.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yep ive been realizing the same thing and trying to get to know the real person rather than making rash judgements