Monday, October 1, 2007

The New Leaf

I was at Church on the Move yesterday and the message was fantastic as always. Pastor Willie talked about working the 6th day and how that's necesary to get ahead. The talked on prosperity a little but his points were awesome and really made since becuase I'm not at all big on prosperity teaching and he didn't at all condone it but rather pointed out where people mislead and how prosperity is biblical. It was great but I didn't really want to go to deep in that but rather share my commitment that I made with myself.

I have begun to realize how impactful it is to use my time in effective ways. In the past week I have had awesome conversations with people I never even knew just because instead of watching a movie, I went to a coffee shop with the intentions to do some homework but the hope of just talking with someone new and creating a new relationship or growing in a present one. It's been awesome!

I decided that I am going to watch 1 movie every month. that's it. that's the commitment. So much of my time is spent watching mindless (sometimes really good) movies and everytime I'm finished there is no personal growth; if anything I feel way worse becuase there is so much junk in the average movie.

I don't know how long I will do this but this month of October will be a perfect test. The point is to spend that time creating relationships by going to a coffee shop or working on personal growth whether it's in Journaling, reading, playing guitar, writting songs, etc.... I will for sure let you know how it's going as time goes on and what I'm learning through it!

I challenge you to find something that you spend to much time on and give it up so that you can spend more time creating relationships and/or personally growing.

No comments: