Saturday, October 6, 2007

When I journal...

So today I was talking with my good friend, Jordan Houser, and we were catching up from our Germany trip and everything that's gone on since then. As we were talking I realized something so basic but so true.

I love Journaling! I love writing out my thoughts in a way that I can better understand them and express how I feel. I love it. It's a way of getting things off my chest and working though problems and ideas, but as we were talking i realized that I want my journaling to be based on my growth in my relationship with God. I want to journal about what I'm realizing and learning through reading the bible and convos with others, but I realized that, though I have been journaling a lot, I haven't been reading the bible at all really. Not that I feel journaling about personal struggles in life is the wrong way to journal, I think that's the best way to alleviate some of life's stresses, but I personally want my journaling to be mainly me working through thoughts about scripture that I have been diving into.

After realizing that, Jordan agreed and so I'm putting this up incase someone else feels the same way but hasn't fully realized it yet. Maybe this will help you jump back into the bible.

Let me know if you have any thoughts on this.

No comments: