Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bliss

The sun plays a game as it's rays bounce gently on my face.
My left arm hangs completely limp.
My right arm slips into a refeshing pool, as if I'm touching the sky.
My back is comforted by the cushion of my shirt.
My feet are in total serenity as the sun and wind form the perfect team.
A constant breeze cleanses my entire body as I feel no time.

........................................................................ Bliss

I went for a run today... Ended up just laying by a pool/fountain, finding myself realizing the beauty around me. It was a gorgious day and it has been so many times, but I just haven't been able to take it in. The rush of life causes me to miss the pattern of Clouds checkering the sky or the water in the pool rippling to the beat of the wind. It was awesome. In that moment I found myself unable to comprehend how I could ever sin in such a beautiful place. I wrote in my journal, "I walk outside today and look at the sky and I am completely in this mind of 'how can I do anything other than praise you [God}." I know this is one of those times where it's a "Spiritual High" or just a "deep" thought but truely It's something that I want to see more. To say I want to see that every day, all day, I think is rediculous... life is crazy and there's no way I will be able to stop and really take in God's glory, BUT I do want to come back to this every time I feel attacked. When I feel so angry that I just want to chew someone out, or when I want to watch that R moive that I really shouldn't watch. That when I am tempted by ANYTHING, that I can come back to this day in my mind and see his glory all around me.

No comments: