Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas!

I hope all of you are having an amazing Christmas! After recieving several e-mails expressing the amount of snow that I´m ´missing out on´ in Oregon I have to admit that I am missing the family. I love the holidays with the family, but It really has been good here.

Thank you everyone who has commented on my Christmas video to my family! Seriously didn´t expect it to be quite the hit that it was with really anyone else besides my family. I have really enjoyed just hearing from long time friends, co-workers, and of coarse family from the movie! You can check it out if you want at: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=517295848602

A little of what we´ve done-- Last night was the main party... oh, back up... I didn´t say much on this but we (our Brazil team) went to a new city in Brazil this past Sunday, called Juiz de Fora, MG... Its in the state next to Rio and its very pretty with awesome people. We have been staying in a Church that´s been treating us like royalty, taking us out to eat every lunch and buying us a great breakfast and dinner to have at the church. We have been playing futbol all the time and had a super fun time 2 days ago with some guys around 18-19 years old who were very good! It was super fun! We also have been doing the first open air evangilism stuff and been to several churches where we have done skits, sung songs, and preach or give our testimonies. I am speaking on Friday for open air stuff so that´ll be new for me. But we have been at this church since Sunday and we leave to go back to Rio on Sunday. They have a website and some pictures of the the past sunday where we did a few songs. http://www.presbiteriana.com/?pg=galeria&id=42

So yesterday was the party and there were all our group and then about 10 other people that joined us and they prepared this really beautifully set up dinner. In Brazil, the party starts on Christmas Eve and you come together at 10 pm and have little ordurves until 12 am (midnight)! Then at midnight you start to eat! and we ate, talked, and danced till 2 am! It was very fun! I was teaching them East Coast Swing dancing and they were teaching us some different samba styles and a Brazilian Square dance thing. It was awesome! I have eaten so well!

So we just were taken out to eat lunch today where the store owner opened up his store JSUT FOR US and so we had a great lunch and then tonight at I think 7 we have a church service here at the church where we are doing a few songs.

So that´s how our Brazilian christmas is going. Thank you so much for any prayers or thoughts.. I miss you all so much but know that I´m doing great and really enjoying the Holiday time here with these people. amazing people!



Merry Christmas!

No comments: