Thursday, April 29, 2010

2 Songs Recorded!!!

So here's the Story...

I lead worship for Thursday Night Community Meeting here on the YWAM base in Montana, and afterward a guy named Kesh came up and talked to me. Now Kesh is in the "School of Audio Engineering and Productions" here on the base, so he's constantly in the music studio working on projects for bands and people that have rented out the studio. So Kesh comes up to me and tells me that he would love to record a couple of my songs!!! I couldn't believe it! Not only that, but he says that he can do it the next day (and the next day only- for recording).

I've been wanting to record some music for such a long time and I've given it into God's hands for right now because I felt that now was the season for studying the Bible and building that foundation, but how sweet is this that the Lord hooked this up for me so I could record a couple songs, in a great studio, for FREE, during my Biblical Studies School!

I recorded the two songs in about 5 hours and than Kesh edited and compiled the songs in 1 day. Such a fun experience and just one more thing where God has completely blessed me!

The First song is called "Today's Gonna Change Your World" and It's about suffer in life, going through tough times, yet fighting through it all because there will be a day where everything is going to change. I wrote this in the summer of 2008 and finished it while I was in Brazil doing my Discipleship Training School Outreach with YWAM in '08-'09.

The Second song is called "My Good Friend" and is about a great buddy named Ed Cole. He's such a stud and I was his room-mate during my DTS as well as for a few weeks that he came to Salem, OR to live with me and Luke Dubbleman in the summer of 2009. We were able to really go through some tough stuff together as we were raw and honest, and so many questions began to be answered as we come back to the foundations of Who God Is and What He's Done.

The Songs are at the top of my Blog.

Thanks so much for those who are supporting me and keeping me in your prayers! I appreciate it SO much! God's doing awesome things!

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Deanna said...

Hey man, I tried to listen to the songs but couldn't get them to play but it didn't work. Maybe you could just send me a copy?

Ben (via Deanna's account)

Sean O'Connor said...

Hey, sorry it's working now!