Friday, April 30, 2010

Her and I

Let me tell you a little bit about one of the most incredible things that's happened in my life...

......I met this girl.



I went to lead worship for a High School Retreat with Salem Alliance Church in July of 2009 on Lake Shasta, California. It was a week long retreat that turned out to be a moving time for many students and a huge learning experience for myself in many ways, but the best thing about the trip is I met Jill...

... Her name is Jill Alexa Day and she has completely captivated my heart.

We started dating about a month later on August 9, 2009 after a crazy series of events, some of which included: a onion smelling flower, long talks under the stars, and 2 incredible milkshakes (thank you Cafe 22). To say that it's been incredible seems like an understatement to me; it's been perfect, changing, spontaneous, exciting, fun, beautiful, faithful, strong, trusting... All things that also describe her.

She is the most beautiful young woman I have ever known! I am the luckiest man to be with her!


___________________

You are the whisper in, my sweet insistent heart.

Melodic beating; You are my wishing list.

You are the sunrise to the evenings prolonged dark.

Escaping notions, I am your shooting star.

So go ahead, make a wish

I can see clearly when you squeeze my hand so tight.

Our eyes are meeting, romance has played its part

Run with my feelings to this abandoned park

Where all is fleeting.

Time stands still

Where do we go from here?


Is this love?

Could it be?

Is she the one?

Does she love me?

Am I the Man, that she has dreamed?

Take my heart and let our lips convene.


(written August 2009)

______________________


We dated for 6 weeks and than I left for a 9 Month School in Lakeside, Montana where I was going to be studying the Bible. We have deepened our relationship these past 7 months, in a way that should have taken years. The distance has been difficult, but so good for us. We have strived to understand what it means to have God at the center of a relationship and to pursue Him with someone else. God has blessed us in so many ways, I can't begin to explain, BUT i will share just one example which is in the near future:

In the Fall of 2010 Jill and I will be going to George Fox University where we'll both be able to pursue our passions:
Jill- Christian Ministries Major with a minor in Art
Me- Music Major with a double minor in Biblical Studies and Multimedia
The incredible thing is in the fact that we get to go to the same school (9 months apart... yeah, I want to be together!!), but that we have exactly what we want to study there, and they are giving us both some fantastic financial aid (comparatively).

God's hand has been so evident in the foundations of our relationship and it's so exciting to be with her, pursuing God, walking toward this next phase of our lives.

If you think of it, we would love any and all prayer, that God would continue to strengthen our relationship; both with him and with each other.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is ABSOLUTELY beautiful; brought tears to my eyes as I consider God's faithfulness to you my son. You and Jill are so perfect together, and it's because you both are putting God right in the center of it all. What pleasure you bring your Creator. What joy you bring your parents. Thank you.

Sean O'Connor said...

:) Thanks Mom

Anonymous said...

Sean, thanks for sharing. Your such a sweet guy and I am really happy you and JIll have found each other. (amazing poem) Great news about GFU! Keep pursuing His heart and His desires, and He will continue to lead you in outrageous contentment and satisfaction. I look FW to meeting her, probs this Xmas. xoxoxo

--bethany